1 lb ground Italian sausage
1½ tsp crushed red peppers
1 large diced white onion
4 Tbsp bacon pieces
2 tsp garlic puree
10 cups water
5 cubes of chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
¼ of a bunch of kale
- Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain
excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approximately 15
mins. or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions,
bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage.
- Add kale just before serving.