A meal fit for a King & Kids....

This one that I’m about to post is one of my latest. I cook entirely from scratch (other than canned goods added as an ingredient) and some may see my methods as cheap or half arsed, but I am cooking now for toddlers and adults so efficiency and taste are the highest goals.

This one I call:

Chicken Fettuccine & diced tomatoes in garlic sauce

4 Average chicken thighs, bone in or boneless, skin or skinless (skins add flavor)
1 12oz box Fettuccine
1 can mushroom soup
1 can chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 heaping tablespoon oregano
3-6 tablespoons season salt (personal preference) or a mixture of salt and peppers, cayenne etc…
Olive oil
4 tablespoons butter

Sautee chicken thighs in butter with garlic & oregano and your mixture of season salt & peppers in a large saucepan. Remove from pan once seared and partially cooked. Remove bone and slice chicken up and put back into the same pan without washing it out. Discard bones. Sautee chicken just long enough to fully cook it.

Meanwhile boil fettuccini and add olive oil to prevent clumping. Once fettuccini is done 8 minutes for al Dante remove from pot and strain allow to completely drain do not rinse. Try to get as much water out as possible or allow to sit in strainer for 10-20 minutes.

Put the mushroom soup and broth in soup pan with 1 cup of water. Allow to simmer, do not boil. Once the mixture is warm and soup is dissolved add the diced tomatoes and bring back to simmer temp. Once simmer temp is reached combine the “soupy” mixture with the diced chicken and allow to simmer. Once simmer temp is reached add the Fettuccini and allow to simmer for as long as it takes for the sauce to thicken to your satisfaction.

This is the kind of meal that the longer it sits and absorbs the better it will taste. So usually the next day is best but it will still be great after it’s initial preparation.

Serves 5 - 8

Salt & Pepper is not necessary but for those who love really spicy food, add some Texas Pete to your portion you’ll love it !!!