A new cake recipe I just made.

I am so sorry that John had to malign this cake. Several years ago, I baked Pinto Bean Cake from Houston Chronicle. I really made it as a joke, but the people at the party who ate it, demanded the recipe. It is moist, tasty, and totally unusual. Mine also had pecans in it.
Dear John, ploease try it before you knock it…Momo[/b]

I imagine it would be similar to Tomato Soup Cake- ??- which is actually good also. I’m going to try it anyway & not tell anyone what’s in it until after they taste it! That “guest” person…honestly, some people are so rude. :roll:

I have my email set up to notify me when something new comes in from that first recipe I posted…the Pork and Bean Cake…it’s people with the nice replies that make you want to keep sharing…so with all the nice responses lately…here’s the latest recipe I’ve tried and I really liked it, as did all the guests at dh’s birthday party . This is something that comes from Vicki Story—ground beef recipes.

CRANBEERY SLOPPY JOES

1 lb. ground beef ( I use 93% lean gr. beef )
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1can condensed tomato soup-un-diluted ( 10 3/4 ounces )
1can jellied cranbeery sauce ( 8 ounces )
1/2 ts. salt
1/4 ts. chili powder
dash hot pepper sauce ( I cheated and put a couple more )
hamburger buns

In a skillet, cook beef, celery, and onion until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain. Stir in soup, cranberry sauce, salt, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce. Simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon onto buns.

Enjoy…I thought I could taste the cranberry which is one of my all times favorites, but it may have been taking the place of the vinegar which is often in sloppy joe recipes. Anyway—I thought it was good enough to make my small recipe box. I have a large, large, collection of cook-books–mainly now from churches, schools etc…so when I find something I know I’ll want to make again…it’s copied and goes into my box.

Yo, Jackie 1 !! I made your cake & it was delicious! My kids & mother-in-law loved it, too. They still don’t believe that it has Pork & Beans in it!!(tee hee). So see, everyone who is so skeptical & critical of something you’ve never tried??!! I was raised to try it first & then form your opinion.
You are 8) , Jackie. Your Sloppy Joes sound sound good, too, but I am the only one here who will eat any kind of Sloppy Joes. :cry: