A Turkey Sent Me Here:)

I started thinking about turkey and got sidetracked from my work! Gravy, in particular…

Poultry isn’t raised the way it was years ago! And today’s get-fat-fast techniques often include injecting eggs with anitiotics before a chicken is born and feed that includes insecticides. (A great way to kill of any worms in the gut of the chicken and that makes them fatten up at lightning speed.) Problem is, we eat all these chemicals and still thing of chicken as being “the healthier meat choice!” More frighteningly, turkeys come in all sorts of man-made concoctions that includes liquids injected into the meat for flavoring and juiciness and built-in thermometers that pop out when they’re done Freezing a turkey removes the water from the flesh and if one has only eaten frozen turkey than one doesn’t really know what a turkey tastes like. And the thawing process can cultivate up a plethora of bacteria that simply feast on raw turkey and are quite dangerous to people! Thaw only in the refrigerator! This makes fresh turkey a good alternative. And the gravy, if made carefully, can remain a tasty and low-fat treat. Just a note on handling and enjoying holiday turkey…