Absolutely the Best Banana Cream Pie I have EVER Made!!!!!!!

I am not much of a dessert person but i could probably eat this entire pie by myself. So Good.

1 9-inch pie crust. Graham cracker. I usually make my own but pre-made ok
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups milk
4 egg yolks
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup apple jelly (optional)
4 large bananas
1/2 lemon

PIE CRUST:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter

pre heat oven to 375

in bowl mix crumbs, sugar and butter. with back of a spoon, press mixture against bottom and sides of 9 inch pie pan.bake approx 8-10 minutes. take out and let cool

FILLING:
In 2 quart sauce pan, mix sugar, flour and salt. Stir in milk until smooth.

Over mediium heat, cook mixture, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and begins to boil. About 10 minutes.

Boil ONE minute, remove immediately from heat and set aside.

In cup with wire whisk, beat egg yolks with small amount of the mixture you just made. Slowly pour egg mixture into sauce pan, stirring rapidly to prevent lumping. Over low heat, cook, stirring constantly, until very very thick DO NOT BOIL. Mixture should mound when dropped from spoon.

Remove from heat. stir in butter and vanilla.

Cover surface of filling with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cool. About 2 hours.

After filling is cooled, peel and slice three of the bananas. Place over bottom of pie crust. Top with cooled filling. Chill until set, About 2 hours.

After pie is set, peel and slice remaining banana. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze juice into bowl. Into juice, add the slices of banana. toss to coat. Drain on paper towels. Arrange slices around on top of filling. you may brush with the apple jelly at this time if you wish. Just heat the apple jelly until just melted first.Chill

TOPPING:
Just before serving, in bowl with beater, whip your cream untill stiff peaks form. Add sugar or vanilla extract if thats your preference. Spread over top of pie

Enjoy

1 Like