America's Most Wanted Recipes - KFC

In the recipe for Original Recipe Fried Chicken it states “Cook in Pressure Cooker”. Having never used a Pressure Cooker how does one do this ? Do you add water and suspend the chicken over it or something else ?
Any help is much appreciated !

Here is a KFC recipe that doesn’t call for a pressure cooker.
2 pks Italian salad dressing mix
3 tbs. flour
2 tsp salt
1/4 c lemon juice
2 tbs soft butter/margarine
1 c milk
1 1/2 c Bisquick mixed with 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp sage & 1/4 tsp black pepper
Wipe chicken. Make paste of next five ingredients. Brush to coat chicken evenly with mix. Cover and refrigerate several hours. 1 1/2 hours before serving, heat oil in skillet. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then in Bisquick mix. Coat well. Brown in oil 4 minutes. Place in one layer in shallow pan. Spoon milk over evenly. Seal with foil. Bake 1 hour. (I think at 350°-the recipe didn’t have a temp.). Uncover and bake 10 mins at 400° to crisp. My recipe says to baste again with milk, but I don’t think I would. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, however, being in the UK I’m not familiar with what Bisquick is ?

Safety Tip:

Do not use your pressure cooker as a deep fryer (i.e. fill it full of cooking oil) unless it is specifically marketed as a fryer!! Follow the instruction on your appliance.

You may need to use a pressure fryer or deep fryer instead.

hi alpi
just use an oven bag to cook chicken then cool slightly and do the egg and breadcrumb coating and either deep fry or oven bake.
OR you could microwave chicken first then coat etc. and bake.

I agree. do not use a pressure cooker. What you need is a pressure fryer. It is completly different. I have 4 and love them…Best chicken in the world

greetings everyone,my SN is angelfirern56. if you have a problem with making sure that your fried chicken is crispy on the outside & cooked thru on the inside(so you dont have it burnt on outside & raw & clucking on the inside) you can parboil the chicken pieces for a few mins then let the pieces cool & dried. then just fry/cook the chicken as you normally do

i have the recipe for the extra crispy KFC fried chicken & it says to use the KFC chicken marinade #75408 from copycat, i cant seem to find out what it is or what is in it, can anyone help me??

So has the Colonels recipe been revealed yet or is it still a highly guarded secret?

Can anyone tell me where I can get a pressure fryer

hi, all. Yes, i also want to know what bisquick is…please help.

i have created a very tasty recipe with lamb flank. anyone interested?

KFC is famous for chicken which tastes different and vry tasty, i like to go to KFC only for chicken,

See Bisquick - Wikipedia for explanation!

Bisquick is a dry mix that comes in a box. It is usually sold in the area of the store where you find pancake mixes or in the baking aisle. It can be used to make biscuits, coat food, top casseroles, etc. I’ve used it in a copy cat version of Red Lobster Biscuits and it was very good. Good luck finding it.