Amish Friendship Bread and Recipe

This is an “oldie” we used to pass around the office, its still a good one

Recipe:

Making Amish Friendship Bread is a slow process! From start to finish it takes 10 days!

3 cups white sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cups white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1-1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/4 cup hot water

Day 1. Dissolve the yeast in warm water Next mix together 1cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk. Then add this to the yeast mixture - stir. Cover the bowl and store at room temperature.

Days 2 to 4 - Stir.

Day 5 - Add to the mixture 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of sugar and stir.

Days 6 to 9 - Stir.

Day 10 - Add to the mixture 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour. Stir together. Next pour 1 cup into 4 plastic containers, these are now used as starters for the next time you make Amish Friendship Bread. Give 2 away to friends and keep 2 for yourself.

To complete the recipe combine the remainder of the Amish mix with vegetable oil, eggs, 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1-1/4 teaspoons of baking powder, and the teaspoon of vanilla. Mix together. Pour the mixture in 2 greased loaf tins. Bake at 350 degrees F(175 degrees C) for 50-60 minutes. Turn out of baking tins and allow to cool.

I just found this same recipe on another site today. I plan to start to make it in a few days . I also make Freinship Brandied fruit.
Will look up the recipe as I make cookie bars, use it in ice cream, and in puddings and rice dishes and cakes.
Maxine Wilton
I just got this message today about this site and joined the register.
I wonder if this is where you post recipes???
I will be back and check out many of the recipe’s I see here.
willma@sprynet.com