ANYONE HAVE A GOOD RECIPE FOR BREAKFAST BARS?

I have gone the store-bought route and found they are either too sweet, too hard or tasteless. I thought maybe someone out there has a great recipe to share.

Thanks,
JoanieCooks

Hi Joanie,
Ihave never tried this recipe out, it was given to me by a friend. Hope this what your looking for . :smiley:

Danish Pastry Fruit Strips

4 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pkgs. active dry yeast (approximately 1 teaspoon per package)
1/4 cup warm water
4 egg yolks, beaten
2/3 cup evaporated milk
4 egg whites, beaten (optional)

Mix first four ingredients like pie crust. Soften yeast in warm water. Add yeast mixture, egg yolks and evaporated milk to the dry mixture and mix. Let stand in refrigerator overnight or several hours. Divide dough in 4 to 6 parts and roll out into strips 6"x14" and place on cookie sheets. Spread fruit filling or imitation almond paste down center; fold side to center and seal. Let rise 10-15 minutes. Brush tops with butter or cream, sugar and almonds; or brush with beaten egg whites, sugar and almonds; or frost with icing after baking. Bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.

Fillings: Cooked apricots, prunes or cherries sweetened to taste and thickened.

Imitation Almond Paste:

1 cup sugar
4 1/2 tablespoons oatmeal
1 1/2 tablespoons almond extract
3 tablespoons margarine

Blend. When using imitation almond paste spread beaten egg whites down prior to spreading the paste. These strips may be frozen and then baked.