Asparagus Fontina Tart
VICTORIA ISLAND FARMS
Flour, for work surface
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
5 1/2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (2 cups)
1 1/2 pounds medium or thick Victoria Island asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 16-by-10-inch rectangle. Trim
- Place pastry on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry
dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce
the dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about
- Remove the pastry shell from the oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fi t crosswise inside the tart
shell. Arrange in a single layer over the cheese, alternating ends and tips.
- Brush with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake until
the asparagus is tender, 20-25 minutes. Makes 6-8 servings.
Tip: Emmental or Gruyère cheeses go wonderfully with this recipe as well.
Courtesy Costco Favorite Recipes 2007 e-book