Authentic Dover Sole Fillets, HELP AHHHH!

I’m having trouble with my Dover Sole Fillets and they are just too expensive to keep fouling up! I was trying to pan fry them however they are just crumbling apart. HELP PLEASE DINNER IS GOING TO BECOME BREAKFAST if i don’t get some advice soon!!!

I am not sure how you have tried it, but you can try this.

Pan fried Dover sole

Ingredients: Serves 4
A large knob knob of butter
8 double fillets of Dover or Lemon sole.
About half a cup of flour
A large splash of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Cooking Instructions:

1. Place the fish in the flour and briefly bathe the sole until it has an even coasting.

2. Place half the butter and about two tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan (non-stick is best) on a medium heat.

3. Shake any excess flour from the fish and fry gently for about three minutes on each side. Add the rest of the butter when you turn the fish. The effect you’re looking for is lightly golden on both sides, serve when warm.

Another thought is the kind of spatula you are using. It should be one made for fish, very thin with long slots.

Delicate fish can be very difficult to saute.

Regardless of the recipe, here’s some method tips:

1. Use a non-stick pan for delicate fish. Always make sure the pan is hot first. Sprinkle a little water on the pan from your fingers. If it evaporates immediately, you know the pan is 212f/100c.

The nice brown coloring on well cooked fish is caramelization of sugars. It happens at 320f/160c. If you continue to heat the pan, sprinkling water from time to time, you can visually watch the increased reaction of the water, estimating about 320f

1. add some kind of fat to the pan. Let’s say olive oil. Add barely two tablespoons or so. Pick the pan up and swirl the oil to barely cover the bottom of the pan. You don’t want to deep-fry, just saute.

3)Heat the oil until just before it begins to smoke. You can tell it’s about to smoke when it goes from being perfectly smooth to beginning a convection process. It starts to get ripples.

1. Add your fish filets. Watch for the coagulation of proteins as the sides of the fish turn white. Cook it 75% on the first side, letting sugars caramelize, and proteins coagulate 75% up the side of the fish.

2. delicately turn the fish and finish on the second side.

3. Remove the fish to a plate. Saute onions, garlic, ginger, peppers, whatever you want in any pan drippings.

4. Drop the temperature of the pan with a cold liquid like wine, shrimp broth, or milk.

5. Reduce the sauce by evaporation until it coats the back of a spoon.

6. season to taste or add condiments like mustards, cheeses, etc.

Your problem is what has been mention.I would suggest getting a oil temperature gauge. Your oil is not hot enough for you to get the desire crust on the under layer before you flip the fish over.

Hope this help