Awesome Stuffing/Dressing

Although this recipe has Stove Top in it, no one would ever guess because it tastes nothing like Stove Top.

Dressing recipes always frustrated me because they usually call for X number of cups of crumbled bread. Well, if you make small crumbles, you can fit more into a cup than if you make big crumbles, and how firmly to you fill the cup? Do you lightly place the bread in, do you press it in a little or do you pack it in? The result is the dressing can end up being too dry or too soggy, and can turn out different every time you make it. That is one of the reasons I love this recipe, the bread measurement is exact and it turns out perfect every time.

This is the best dressing I have ever tasted, and for family gatherings, everyone insists I make the dressing. My granddaughter just turned 16 and for her birthday she requested a pan of this stuffing, all for herself. She’s a sweet girl, so she did share a little of it with her dad and sister.

STUFFING/DRESSING

1 stick butter
1 onion, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 teaspoon sage
1 box Stove Top Stuffing (Traditional Sage or Savory Herbs flavor)
7 slices sandwich bread; toasted, crumbled

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook the onion and celery in the butter to desired tenderness. Remove from heat. Sir in the soup, then the broth and sage until well blended. Stir in the Stove Top, then the toast.

Spread in an 8 inch square pan and bake 30 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned.