Baby Shower Menu

My sister and sister-in-law are both planning to make a baby shower; one in January and one in March.

They both are asking me what to put on the menu.

January shower : approximately 50 people

March shower: approximately 70 people

Both want to serve hot and cold dishes, and dessert. What would you suggest? You don’t have to post the recipes if u don’t want to, just the name of the dishes will suffice. It’s just to give them an idea.

Thanks! :smiley:

A good cold tray that we used at my neices shower was to make ham rolls and alternate them in a circle on a round platter with popeyes which is spinach dip spread on tortillas or turkey and sliced like the ham rollls. It was very pretty and everyone loved it!

I would say anything but…egg,tuna and salmon salad sandwiches…lol. Every canadian shower i have been too has had these, and i have no idea why…lol
I would try doing a wide variety of finger foods, so many can be made ahead. Plus there is always something that everyone will like.
Theres so many things you can do with mini pitas and bagettes.

Thanks for all your input. They both will have trays of cold cuts, veggies, cheeses, fruit. One will have oven fried rice, appetizer meatballs, andlasagna. And the other is not sure yet about her hot dishes. Both will have squares for dessert and a cake decorated with baby stuff from the dollar store. It should be very interesting as both are very shy people! LOL :lol:

Hi there, my home page is Google