Bake Blueberry Brunch
12 Slices of bread, cubed (may use french bread, brioche or any other type of white bread)
1/2 lb Cream cheese- cut into cubes
1 Cup Blueberries
1/8 Cup Orange Zest
12 Large Eggs
1/2 Quart Milk
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Cornstarch
1 1/2 Cup Water
1 1/2 Cup Blueberries
1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Tablespoon Butter
- Place 1/2 the bread cubes on the bottom of a spray coated 9x 13 pan. Scatter cream cheese, 1 cup blueberries and orange zest over bread. Place remaining bread cubes over blueberries.
- Mix together eggs, milk and maple syrup. Pour evenly over entire pan.
Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or over night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered for 40 minutes. Uncover, bake an additional 30 - 40 minutes, or until puffed, browned, firm and thoroughly cooked. Cut into 12 squares and keep warm.
4. In large pot, thoroughly blend sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Cook over medium- high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils, thickens and turns clear- 7- 8 minutes.
5. Stir in blueberries and simme until berries burst. Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice. keep warm.
6. To Serve. Pour sauce over portion Serve warm.
And ENJOY :lol:
This recipe has been reduced by half and can be doubled for large gatherings