Baked Blueberry Brunch

Bake Blueberry Brunch

12 Slices of bread, cubed (may use french bread, brioche or any other type of white bread)

1/2 lb Cream cheese- cut into cubes

1 Cup Blueberries

1/8 Cup Orange Zest

12 Large Eggs

1/2 Quart Milk

1/2 Cup Maple Syrup

Sauce

1 1/2 Cup Sugar

1/3 Cup Cornstarch

1 1/2 Cup Water

1 1/2 Cup Blueberries

1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice

1 1/2 Tablespoon Butter

1. Place 1/2 the bread cubes on the bottom of a spray coated 9x 13 pan. Scatter cream cheese, 1 cup blueberries and orange zest over bread. Place remaining bread cubes over blueberries.
  2. Mix together eggs, milk and maple syrup. Pour evenly over entire pan.
    Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or over night.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered for 40 minutes. Uncover, bake an additional 30 - 40 minutes, or until puffed, browned, firm and thoroughly cooked. Cut into 12 squares and keep warm.

Sauce
4. In large pot, thoroughly blend sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Cook over medium- high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils, thickens and turns clear- 7- 8 minutes.
5. Stir in blueberries and simme until berries burst. Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice. keep warm.
6. To Serve. Pour sauce over portion Serve warm.
And ENJOY :lol:
This recipe has been reduced by half and can be doubled for large gatherings

Hi skyEyz_7, I have a couple of questions about your yummy recipe. When you make this, do you take the crust off your bread? Also, do you use whole milk or could you use 1%? And do you use juice from a real lemon or have you used the bottled type? Which do you find works better?

Thanks,
JoanieCooks

Hi Joanie,
I usually leave the crust on but you could take it off if you would like.
For the milk i use regular milk, and for the lemon i have used both i prefer using fresh lemon juice but have done it with the bottled lemon too and does fine too. I like to do this because i usually do it the night before that way, i have my morning coffee and can relax :lol: I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.