3 cups quick oats
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (can use unsweetened applesauce)
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a lg bowl, combine the 1st eight ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 8x8x2” baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins or until set.
- Serve with additional milk, if desired.
- I like to add cinnamon both in batter and sprinkle some on top.
- I add raisins (nuked w/ a little water til softened), apples, or any kind of fruit I happen to have on hand, as well as nuts, to mixture.
- Sometimes I use all brown sugar instead of white and brown.