Banana Nut Cake

Banana Nut Cake

I have some tasty new recipes (below) for you to enjoy. One of my favorites is the kimchi grilled cheese. First, I have a secret recipe for a tried and true banana nut cake.

This dish is only one of the award winning recipes featured in the Blue Ribbon Recipes cookbook. This book contains over 400 tried and true recipes for all of your favorite foods.

Members of our Secret Recipe Cookbook Club will receive this entire cookbook with their membership. If you’re interested in joining the club, you can download your first 5 cookbooks right now: Go Here

Enjoy!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I was losing my memory, focus – and my mind!
And then… I got it all back again.

Discover How: Here
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
New Secret Recipe
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Banana Nut Cake

240x196

• 2 1/2 c flour
  • 1 2/3 c granulated sugar
  • 1 1/4 t baking powder
  • 1 1/4 t baking soda
  • 1 t salt
  • 2/3 c Crisco shortening
  • 2/3 c buttermilk (or sour milk )-divided
  • 1 1/2 c ripe bananas,mashed
  • 3 lg eggs
  • 2/3 c chopped nuts,toasted

Buttercream Icing:

• 4 c confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 c Hi-Ration shortening,or Crisco
  • 1/4 c milk
  • 1/4 c Fudge Icing Base,(optional)
  • 1 t vanilla
  1. Sift together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl, add shortening, 1/3 cup buttermilk and bananas. Beat about 2 to 3 minutes until well mixed. Add the eggs and the other 1/3 cup of buttermilk and mix together. Add the sifted dry ingredients. Beat together until well mixed but don’t overmix. Add chopped nuts and mix.

2. Pour into lightly greased and floured 8-inch round pans and bake in a 350 degree oven 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Frost with buttercream frosting (recipe below) or your favorite frosting.

ICING: Add all ingredients to mixer and mix until thoroughly blended and fluffy.

Source – Blue Ribbon Recipes

Enjoy these great tasting and easy-to-prepare recipes from our forum:

Crab & Shrimp Crepes

Pasta Carbonara Florentine

Kimchi Grilled Cheese

Find these recipes and many more on our forum: Here