Barbecued baby back ribs...NEED HELP please

Hi everyone!

I have this REALLY old recipe from my sister in law for barb baby back ribs, which my husband LOVES. So I am trying to make them for him. I, however, am a vegetarian, and I know NOTHING about how to cook ribs!

The recipe is really confusing, so I thought maybe someone here could help me figure it out…???

I seasoned the ribs (3lb rack) last night, and put back in refrigerator.

Says to preheat oven to 350
Place in roasting pan, fill 1/2 way with water. Cover for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 325 for 3-4 hours. Cover ribs with tinfoil tightly and place in oven for about 4-6 hours. (Ribs should be fork tender - literally fall down and apart off of fork). Remove ribs from oven and reduce heat to 300. Cover ribs in honey and brown sugar - enough to coat but not enough to drip and run over sides. Sprinkle brown sugar over ribs - just enough to stick to ribs and cover them. Pour over enough barb sauce to taste. Return to oven, bake between 1/2 hour to 45 min (un-covered) Serve immediately.

So…when I put the ribs in the roasting pan initially, should I put them in tinfoil? Do I just let them soak up the water in the pan? This has gotten me so confused, and if you could only see the original recipe…there are notes and directions ALL over the place. looks like she corrected it, and moved the order around, and crossed things out, etc… It’s impossible to figure out! Please help!!!

Thank you!!!

This is the recipe I have used for years and always get rave reviews. It is uncomplicated and never fails.

Richard’s BBQ Pork Ribs

Ingredients
Servings: 4

2 full slabs of pork ribs, about 3 pounds each
Spice Rub:
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons salt
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chili powder
4 tablespoons paprika
Barbecue Sauce:
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon chili flakes or more to taste
1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 cup yellow prepared mustard
1 ¼ cups ketchup
½ cup water
12 ounces white vinegar

Directions

Mix all spices together. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 C). Rub pork ribs on both sides liberally with mixture. Place ribs on a baking sheet, meaty side up, lay a piece of parchment paper on top of ribs to protect from the foil, cover and seal tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 4-5 hours or until fork tender.
In the meantime prepare Barbecue Sauce.
Mix together all ingredients in a medium size pot.
Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix together in a small bowl:
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup corn starch
¼ cup cold water
Stir into sauce and simmer for another 30 minutes.
When ribs are tender, remove the foil and drain off the excess fat. Liberally slather the ribs on the meaty side with the barbecue sauce and heat through.