BBQ chow mein recipe from ENGLAND?

Hi,

I’m looking for a very specific BBQ sauce recipe. I’ve tried about 10 and none of them are right so far.

The sauce I’m looking for comes from Stafford in the UK from a chinese take away called “Peony Garden”. It comes on the Special Chow Mein. “Wongs” in Newcastle-under-lyme use it as well on their spare ribs.

Do they buy this sauce pre packaged or do they make it themselves?

If anyone knows how to make this sauce PLEASE give me the recipe! (or if it’s store bought, let me know the name and where I could possibly find it!)

thanks!!

a little late - but straight from the UK

250ml water
125ml tomato ketchup
4 tablespoons brown table sauce, such as HP® or Daddies®
100g white or brown sugar
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon five spice powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour

Place all ingredients except the cornflour into a pan or wok. Heat on medium and stir until sauce starts to boil. Set heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.
Mix cornflour with 4 teaspoons of water. Add to sauce and stir until sauce thickens. Serve or chill in the fridge till needed.

1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
400g can chopped tomato
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
85g brown sugar
3 tbsp malt vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp tomato purée

Heat oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat 4-5 mins, until softened. Add remaining ingredients, season and mix. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 mins, until thickened. For a smooth sauce, simply whizz the mixture in a food processor or with a hand blender for a few seconds.

1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice cooking wine or dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 pounds spare pork ribs

In a medium sized bowl combine Hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, five spice powder, chopped garlic, honey, and ketchup. Stir until the sauce if fully blended. Pour over pork spare ribs and marinate for at least 1 hour. These taste better if you can allow them to marinate a little longer.

Bake at 375 for about 40 to 50 minutes.