1/2 tsp chrushed dried oregano
1/4 tsp seasoning salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes - with liquid
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1/4 cup salsa verde
1 beef bouillon cube
1 (15 ounce) can black beans - with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can white beans- with liquid (any type of canned white beans will work)
1/2 cup water

Bell Peppers for Stuffing:
6 red or green Bell peppers, cut in half top to bottom, seeds, veins removed
4 Tbsp olive oil
sea salt and black pepper to taste

In a 3-quart saucepan, saute the onions and diced bell peppers in the cooking oils until the onions are golden brown. Add ground beef and seasonings, crumble ground beef , mix well and saute until ground beef is browned. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salsa verde, beef bouillon, two cans of beans and 1/2 cup of water to saucepan. Mix well and simmer for about 20 to 30-minutes, stirring occasionally.

While the chili con carne is simmering, preheat the oven to 450F. Halve the 6 Bell peppers through the center, from top to bottom and remove the seeds and veins. Arrange the pepper halves, hollow side up, in a Pyrex 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Drizzle Bell pepper halves with 2 tbsp olive oil, season them with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes.

Fill Bell pepper halves with the chilli con carne mixture, pressing it well down into the hollow Bell pepper halves and mounding above the edges of the Bell pepper halves. You will have some extra chili con carne, but I’m sure this won’t go to waste.

Drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil, and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes.

Serves 6.

That sounds delicious…Green Bell peppers are little bit strong for me, but I love Red, Yellow, and Orange !! A bit lighter flavors, but just right in my oppinion.

The whole dish really sounds great though.