Benihana garlic butter

I love the garlic butter at Benihahana. I have tried to make it but always fall short. Does anyone have a recipe for it?
Thank you!!

I am not an expert on their garlic butter.

Most garlic butters start with:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 -2 (or more depending on tastes) cloves garlic, minced

then there are the add-ons for those special garlic butters:

1 t. vegetable oil (although Benihana uses soybean oil) and 1 t. cracked black pepper

OR:

1 t. vegetable oil (or soybean oil) and 1 t. ground white pepper

OR:

add additional salt to taste

OR:

add fresh minced parsley

OR:

add minced chives and minced fresh parsley

OR:

add minced onion and minced fresh parsley

OR:

add minced shallots, pepper and parsley

OR:

a pinch of two of mace and 1/3 t. Tabasco sauce and parsley and pepper

You can add additional garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, green onions, Parmesan cheese, etc.

Adding minced onion (shallots, green onion) and also onion powder gives a good flavor. You can add garlic powder or garlic salt along with your fresh garlic. If you want to use the jarred garlic in oil - that wold take the place of adding any oil to the butter.

So you can use several different ingredients in your garlic butter - but I still say they add 1 t. soybean oil to their butter. You can add olive oil if you want. Adding additional salt will depend on whether you are using salted or unsalted butter and your taste for salt.

This is something you will have to play with and tweak your own way - but I hope it helps some.

KW

I know that when I make my own butter - if I want salt in it - I add it at the end so that my buttermilk (from making the butter) has no salt in it. And I always rinse my butter when it is done. Then I can add my olive oil, garlic, fresh minced parsley and any other goodies that I want to add to it. It’s good as a spread for garlic bread but also good on veggies, meats, etc.

Thank you for the yummy recipes I will try meny of them but the one I am looking for is rasted garlic and it is dark brown. It makes there fried rice bettter then anyone elses!

Ingredients:
1 small head garlic(2 1/2 oz.)
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme OR 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crumbled

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove outer layer of papery skin from head of garlic to expose cloves. Place in center of 8-in. piece foil; drizzle with oil. Wrap foil tightly around garlic; bake 1 hour or until knife inserts easily in center cloves. Cool.

2. Carefully separate cloves; press pulp out of the skins into small bowl. with spoon, beat until smooth paste forms. Beat in remaining ingredients until blended.

3. Spoon onto a sheet of plastic wrap; with table knife, spread form into a 6-in.-long log. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 30 minutes or until firm. At serving time, remove plastic wrap; with a paring knife, cut butter crosswise into 1/2-in. thick rounds. Makes 12 servings.

Herb butter: 1/2 c Unsalted butter 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon OR 3/4 tsp. dried tarragon leaves, crumbled Combine with wooden spoon, mix well. Shape and chill as for Garlic Butter

Though an old post, I too was looking for the answer. Today the cook we had at Benihana said they use 6 ingredients. Three are: unsalted butter from Sysco (sp?), garlic and soy sauce. The other will be give when I go back! How’s that for a hook?! Any guessing on the other three??

I’ll have to try this recipe looks good. Does anyone have the recipe to cannaloni at V’s Restaurant in Kansas City, Mo?