Bombay ducks

They are not ducks. Bombay Ducks are fish. This is a recipe that comes from India. A different and particular dish. An acquired taste too. I have not tasted fresh Bombay Ducks. I have only tried dried and preserved ones. People that have tasted the fresh ones say they are different. I will have to stick to my preserved Bombay Ducks by now. Let’s cook.

Ingredients:

1 small chopped onion
2 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
½ chopped green pepper
1 small chopped tomato
Some Reichada Masala
½ lb Boneless Masala Bombay Ducks, shredded
Some vegetable oil
Some water
Some salt to taste

First we will put some oil in a saucepan and we will heat it. When it is hot, we will add the onion, the potatoes and the green pepper. We will sauté these vegetables for a couple of minutes and then we will add the tomato.
We will cook for one minute and then we will add the Reichada Masala. The amount of masala will depend on the brand of the Reichada. Some brands are stronger than other. So, it is a good idea to be careful about the amount of masala we use.
We will add the shredded Bombay Ducks now. We will cook for two minutes and then we will add some water. Not much. We will have to add more but it is better to do it little by little.
Now we will only have to keep on cooking. The fire must be low. And we will have to add water if we see that our Bombay Ducks need it. Do not forget to stir it from time to time. Your Bombay Ducks will be ready when the potatoes are tender.
You can serve them with some basmati rice. Enjoy!