* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar * 1/2 cup ketchup * 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef * 3/4 cup milk * 2 eggs * 1 1/2 teaspoons salt * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper * 1 small onion, chopped * 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger * 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.