Burnt out on money, and end of the month broke blues

Okay, so I am burnt out on what to do, especially being the end of the month, and pretty much the cupboard is bare!!

So tonight it will be sausage gravy fried or scrambled eggs with fried potatoes and onions, and tomato slices on the side…

yep, sounds like a plan to me!!

Whoops title is supposed to Burnt out on ideas, lol

Me too. I agree with your opinions!!!

There are many ways that you can save some money and food and still stay healthy. Many vegetables are not very expensive and they can certainly help to keep you in good shape. There are also many foods that are not worth as much, but that are organic and will keep you :idea:healthy too.

One of my favorite broke time meals is chicken fried rice. I can feed a family of 6 with…

1/2 of a chicken breast
1 onion - chopped
any leftover veggies that are in the frig along with anything you want to add - chopped (My favorite veggies are peppers, carrots, and cabbage but anything will work)
6 eggs - scrambled
5 cups of uncooked rice
1 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce (I add 1/4 cup of fish sauce to my soy sauce but if you don’t have any it’s still good)

Cook the rice and keep it warm.

Chop the chicken breast into small pieces…stir fry just until done and set aside.

Scramble the eggs and set aside.

Chop the veggies…stir fry until done but not limp and set aside.

Measure out sugar and soy sauce.

In a large wok or large not stick skillet stir fry cooked rice until well separated. Sprinkle sugar over rice and add the chicken, eggs and veggies. Stir fry to combine. Add soy sauce and stir fry until all the ingredients are well combined. Enjoy

Hmmm sounds lovely