Buttermilk Honey Wheat Bread

Buttermilk Honey Wheat Bread

This bread machine recipe makes a nice loaf of bread with whole wheat and bread flour. It also contains honey and buttermilk. The dried ground ginger adds a slight touch of flavor and also acts as a dough conditioner and preservative.

Makes one 1 1/2 lb loaf

1 cup (240 g) Warm Water
1/3 cup (90 g) Buttermilk or Plain Yogurt
3 Tbsp (64 g) Honey
1 tsp (6 g) Table Salt
1/2 tsp (1.5 g) Dried Ground Ginger
3 Tbsp (42 g) Butter, softened
2 cups (275 g) Bread Flour
1 3/4 cups (215 g) Whole Wheat flour
2 1/4 tsp or 1 packet (7 g) Bread machine yeast or Instant yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine in order given, or according to your bread machine instructions.

Set machine to BASIC, WHITE or WHEAT, MEDIUM COLOR, 1 1/2 LB LOAF.

Press START.

During first few minutes of kneading, adjust dough, as needed, with flour or water to form a smooth, firm, non-sticky, non-crumbly dough.

Yield: One 1 1/2 lb loaf of bread.

Ingredient weights are also given in grams for those that prefer to weigh recipes.

very special variety of bread I think.I have to try this.Till how many days it is good?

If stored, air tight (plastic bag, etc), at room temperature, the bread should last 3 to 4 days. If stored air tight in the refrigerator, I have had bread last 1 or 2 weeks.

Here in Thailand or other humid places any bread will mold in 2 or maybe three days even in air tight containers. I have to keep my bread in a sealed plastic box (like Tupperware) in the fridge or it molds before I an use it up.