450g/1lb boneless and skinless chicken
10ml/2 tsp Cajun spice mix
10ml/2 tsp hot chilli sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
15ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
5ml/1 tsp cornflour
30ml/2 tbsp plain flour
30ml/2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 small red pepper, halved lengthways and deseeded
60ml/4 tbsp soured cream
Boiled rice and salad leaves to serve, optional
- Mince the chicken using the mincer fitted with the fine screen, straight into the mixer bowl.
- Add the Cajun spice mix, chilli sauce, a little salt, parsley and cornflour. Using the K Beater at minimum speed, mix together.
- Divide the mixture into 16, roll into balls and coat in flour to make them less sticky. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Shallow fry over a gentle heat for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally until browned.
- Meanwhile fit the food processor with the thick slicing plate and slice then peppers into thin strips. Add the strips to the pan and increase the heat slightly. Fry for 5 minutes, or until the pepper is slightly burnt at the edges.
- Remove from the heat, pour in the soured cream and season well.
- Leave for 2-3 minutes and let the cream bubble whilst the pan is cooling. Serve on a bed of rice if wished, with a mixed leaf salad.