Cake Blackberry

Blackberry Cake

1 box of Spice Cake any brand
1 large can of blackberries …mix this with the above …Bake according to cake directions on box.

Icing:
2 1/2 cups powder sugar
1 large pkg. of cream cheese
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
splash of milk

Lucy McNurlins recipe

hj

This recipe looks real easy and I have blackberries in my freezer from the last 3 years! LOL! So now I can make something else besides blackberry pie and cobbler. Thank you for posting this; I look forward to trying this out this fall.

Margie

You are most welcome…hj :lol:

This is a tried and true blackberry cake my family loves.

1 (18.25 oz) box white cake mix (any brand)
1 quart frozen blackberries
1 can ready made frosting

Cook blackberries until just barely done, covering with a minimum amount of water. If not already sweetened, add sugar to taste. Prepare cake mix as directed on box except replace liquid with the blackberry juice. Add blackberries (reserve 1/2 cup berries plus 1/8 cup juice) and mix well. Bake cake as directed on box. Let cool thoroughly then frost. If making a layer cake, add reserved berries and juice to ready made frosting. If making a bundt cake, remove approximately 1/4-1/2 cup frosting; melt in microwave and mix with blackberries and juice. Drizzle over cake while hot. Let frosting set and cake cool, then drizzle over it again. Can used canned berries if desired.