Cauliflower

When I was a young girl, I would go to my grandparents ranch and help my grandmother with the cooking and cleaning thru the harvest season. She use to make a Cauliflower recipe that was baked in the oven. I know she also used some kind of cream,cheese,sugar and I’m not sure what else. Is anyone familiar with a recipe like this and willing to share it with me? Thanks Alot!!:stuck_out_tongue:

There are many recipes to choose from - as far as cheese goes - it can be any kind of cheese you want - here’s a few basic ones - hopefully you can tweak one your way -

1 head of cauliflower
2 T. flour
2 T. butter
1 C. milk
salt and pepper
1/2 C. green onions chopped
2 T. chopped roasted pepper
1 C. sharp cheese grated
1/2 C. buttered breadcrumbs

Cook cauliflower in boiling water for 8 minutes. Use enough water so that it covers the cauliflower. Water should be boiling when you add the cauliflower. At the end of 8 minutes, remove cauliflower from water and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain while preparing sauce.

Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour and stir until blended. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth and thick. Add salt, pepper, roasted pepper, green onions and cheese. Stir until cheese has melted.

Place cauliflower in a baking dish that has been sprayed with oil. Pour sauce over cauliflower. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.

Bake at 375°F. for 25 minutes or until slightly browned.

Serves 4 - 6

1 head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 c. round buttery crackers, crushed
1/4 c. green peppers, chopped
1/2 c. red peppers, chopped
1 t. salt
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Place cauliflower in a saucepan filled with one inch water; cook until tender. Drain. Stir in sour cream, cheese, crushed crackers, peppers and salt; spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.

5 cup cauliflower
2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese; grated
6 md scallion; chopped, separate whites
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 sl bacon; cooked crisp crumbled

Cook cauliflower until tender but firm. Chop into pieces about the size of hash browns. Mix in sour cream, 1 cup of the cheddar, white part of green onions, salt and pepper. Stir in cauliflower. Place in greased baking dish and sprinkle rest of cheddar on top. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes or until heated through. Crumble bacon on top and sprinkle on the chopped tops of the green onions. Reheats well in the micro, but doesn’t freeze well. Recipe can be doubled.

1 1/4 lb Cauliflowettes
2 tb Butter; melted
3 Eggs; beaten
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 c Milk
1 c Swiss cheese; grated

Blanch and drain cauliflower. Combine eggs, milk and butter. Salt and
pepper to taste. Place the cauliflower in a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish.
Cover with grated cheese. (Parmesan can be added) Pour custard over top.
Bake at 350 for 35 min. or until set.

Thanks to all for their quick responses to me. Rest assured that I will be trying all of your recipes.

I hope you can at least come close and enjoy it! You’re very welcomed!