Champagne Cake

This is sooo easy and YUMMY!
My daughter sent this from her sister-in-law :wink:
margie
CHAMPAGNE CAKE
The recipe is super hard and requires tons of concentration.:slight_smile: The person who makes this recipe will need frequent breaks and constant nourishment. :slight_smile: ( In other words, make sure you have extra Champagne. It comes in four packs so you’ll have extra to drink along the way.:roll:
1 Duncan Hines cake mix made according to directions. I add 3/4 c. sour cream, a couple drops of red food coloring, and 1tsp. almond extract. Pour into two 8" round cake pans and bake. Instead of baking it at 350, I bake it at 325 and just increase the baking time by a few minutes.
Champagne filling - 2 - 3oz boxes instant white chocolate pudding
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups half-n-half
3/4c champagne (or more if desired)
powdered sugar, optional
I put a glass bowl in the freezer to get it super cold along with the beaters. Mix pudding, whipping cream, and half-n-half for two minutes on high. Add champagne and continue to mix until thick. Add more champagne or some powdered sugar to make it thicker and/or sweeter. Filling can be refridgerated for awhile to help it thicken up if needed.After cakes are cool, frost with filling. Refridgerate for at least 3-4 hours before serving.