Cheese Cake Factory.. Grilled Artichokes

Does anyone know how to get a recipe for the Cheese Cake Factory’s Grilled Artichokes. My wife and I love them and I would like to try it at home.
Thanks,

I grill artichokes all the time.

I have found the best way for me is to steal the artichokes whole for about 40 minutes set about an inch above the water. An artichoke stand or steamer/rice cooker works best. Before steaming use scissors to trim the needles off the top of the leaves. Cut the stem but leave as much stem as possible. Rub all cuts with a lemon then squeeze remaining juice into the pot of water. Then split the artichokes right down the middle. Remove choke(hair above the heart) lightly brush split side with olive oil and place directly on the grill. cook for just a couple minutes til grill marks show and season with finely chopped fresh herbs(rosemary, parsley or thyme are best).

Serve with herbed mayonaise or melted butter and lemon wedges.

I only had the cheesecake factory artichokes a couple times and don’t quite remember the spices they used in the dip or on the chokes.

Steaming the chokes first makes the meaty leaves swell up…Mmm Mmm Good

4 large artichokes
2 lemons
garlic cloves
salt
3T olive oil
1 T steak sauce
2 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar

First, fill a large pot with 2 inches of water, two tablespoons of salt, a large lemon, quartered and a few cloves of garlic. Have an additional lemon wedge on hand. Cut off the bottom so they sit upright nicely. Next with a pair of kitchen scissors trim off the top 1/3 of the surrounding leaves. Really, this step is purely optional in my opinion. We never trimmed them when I was young. I think restaurants trim them because the tip of the leaves can be sharp.

Turn your artichoke on its side and with a large chef knife, cut it into quarters if it’s very large or into thirds if it’s smaller. The inside of the artichoke will discolor in less than one minute when exposed to air so immediately rub it with your lemon wedge. Take a paring knife and cut out the hairy “choke” and it’s pink leaves. See the wedge on the left? That one has had the choke removed and it’s left with all that beautiful white artichoke heart!

Place the artichokes in the pot and bring it up to a boil. Boil for approximately 8 minutes or until the heart is fork tender. Remove from heat and drain the artichokes in colander.

While the artichokes are cooking, you can prepare the marinade for the Grilled Artichokes.

In a small bowl mix together 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of steak sauce, 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Drizzle the marinade over the artichokes and gently toss to coat well.

Place the artichokes on the grill over medium low heat and grill for just a few minutes until you see slight charring.

Serve the artichokes with additional marinade or melted butter for dipping. To eat the artichokes, peel off a leaf, dip the bottom in melted butter if desired, and use your teeth to scrape off the lower half of artichoke “meat” on leaf.

Serves 4-6