Cheesecake Factory Lemoncello Cream Torte

Lemoncello Cream Torte

Layers of Vanilla Cake and Lemon Mascarpone Cream Topped with Streusel and Served with Strawberries and Whipped Cream

“I work at the Cheesecake Factory, but all of our cheesecakes and desserts come frozen from factories in california and north carolina. i am a huge fan of the lemoncello, so I made up my own (shortcut) version. I hope this helps…”

FOR THE CAKE:
1 box (2-layer size) yellow cake mix

Bake in a springform pan. Let cool, then slice into 3 layers. (If you want
it to look like the C.F.'s, slice it into 2 layers, and use ladyfingers for
the middle layer).

Optional: lightly soak layers in limoncello. (I soak everything in booze -
so good!)

FOR THE LEMONCELLO CREME:

1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (13 ounce) can milnot (evaporated milk), whipped **

Dissolve gelatin in water. Chill until thick, but not set.

Cream cheese and vanilla extract together. Blend in gelatin.

Whip chilled milnot and fold into the gelatin mixture.

HERE’S THE FUN PART: Put a layer of cake back into the bottom of the
springform pan.

Pour about a half inch (or just a little more) of the lemon creme mixture
over the top of this layer.

Layer either the next layer of cake or the ladyfingers. if you’re using
ladyfingers for the more authentic C.F. look, just arrange them in a circle
in the middle of the cake).

Pour in more of the lemon creme mixture (the same amount as before).

Place the last cake layer on top.

The cake will have to set for a few hours in the fridge.

FOR THE FROSTING: I just mixed a little lemon juice and water with powdered
sugar to a thick pouring consistency, and spread it on the cake.

FOR THE CRUNCH TOPPING: I coarsely chopped (beat with a rolling pin in a
ziplock bag) some “nilla” wafers, then covered the cake with the cookie
pieces. I had some frosting left over, so I thinned it with a little water
(to a glaze consistency), and drizzled it on top of the cake.

Keep it refrigerated.

Also, I don’t think they use limoncello in the actual cake, but I’m not
sure.

**Milot is a brand name of canned milks. The company makes evaporated milk, fat free evaporated skim milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Since the
recipe calls for the Milot to be whipped, it is referring to the evaporated
milk.

Since you work at Cheescake Factory, why use a shortcut recipe? Won’t they let you have it?
I had the dessert last weekend and I don’t think the consistency of the cake came from the boxed kind. I may be wrong. Would love to have the real recipe as I think it is even better than the cheesecake.

Most of these big compnaies have teir own “mixes” that come in - usually in a 50 lb. bag. The same mixes used by commercial bakeries. I don’t think kaci works there - she just copy/pasted from another site.

Thanks Kitchenwitch ( I am sure you really aren’t one :slight_smile:

What i was wondering though, is whether the commercial mix would be close to the ones we buy at the store. Or is there a secret ingredient?
Would sponge cake work better with this recipe? Would appreciate any input before I try it at home.

You would have to experiment on your own on that - I’ve never tasted it from CF. But the commercial mixes are different than the boxed cakes in the stores. You can try the sponge cake or make your own homemade (we have tons of cake recipes on site for you to choose from. I would first make a homemade white cake recipe that uses all egg whites, a nice velvety cake. And of course I would even try it with a sponge - just for curiosity.

Please let us know how it turns out for you.

PS - I am a KW - but I’ve chosen to be a nice one. (called that all my life - brought up in the kitchen - loooonnggggg story)

The recipe Kaci posted is from THE RECIPELINK. It sounds like it would be good just as posted.

Thanks …KW and IvdKeyes…appreciate your help and comments

Hi

The person who had the recipe that I copied was the one who worked at
The Cheesecake Factory

Thanks

Kaci

Yes it’s from the other site.

Hi, I have just joined Recipes Secrets. I have always loved cooking and trying new recipes. Found your site when searching for the Lemoncello Cream Torte and look forward to finding and exchanging recipes with other members.

Welcome aboard!

Feel free to share and don’t be afraid to ask if you need anything. We’re a friendly bunch and we love to help.

It’sn nice to see you here.

KW

I am so looking forward to making this…I do have a question. Why SF lemon jello and not regular. Making this for Thanksgiving and some family cannot have the sweetner in SF…will it make a big difference to use reg lemon jello?

Thank you

Neecey

I would not use SF Jell-O, regular will work fine.

I never use anything that is sugar free, fat free, low fat, etc. To us it ruins the taste.

I couldn’t agree more. If concerned about calories, just eat less. Don’t spoil recipes by adding unhealthy ingredients.

funny how our ancestors didn’t have low cal or fat free, etc. and they lived long healthy lives!

…and on average were thinner than we are now.

thanks for the input all!! i ended up using regular jello and it seems okay texture wise . I tasted a bit and tasted ok. I will see how the dessert tastes tomorrow!! I made my own sponge instead of the cake mix. hope it is as good as I anticipate!! haha

After the cake is assembled and put in fridge to set, do you remove the springform in order to frost the sides of the cake and do you frost the top as well? I plan to make this for my boss and really need to know asap. Thank you