1/2 cup dry, unseasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup dry red wine
1 tablespoon Dijon
1 tablespoon salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine all in a bowl and mix well. Pack into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan
and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.

Serves 8.

B-man :wink:

wrong wrong wrong…tell me there isn’t Sage in their meatloaf! Also, I’m betting that the wine used is a Burgundy…not just “dry red wine”. Bread crumbs? I doubt it…more like stale bread (sourdough from their table service) most-likely soaked in milk. Cottage cheese!? Onions, most likely 1/2c diced fine…not a single green pepper in the meatloaf I ate tonight. As far as the veal called for…not likely, too expensive.
Here’s my version:
1# ground sirloin
1/2# ground pork
2 cups of stale sourdough bread, chopped very fine
1/2 cup half n half
2 eggs
2T Dijon mustard
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2tsp ground black pepper
1tsp kosher salt
2 T Worcestershire
4oz can mushroom steak sauce
1/2 tsp fresh Sage, chopped very fine
1/4 tsp thyme dry
1/4 tsp Oregano dry
1 small (tennis) Spanish onion diced very fine or grated with juice
6oz of tomato paste

Mix the bread crumbs with the half n half in a bowl and set aside. Saute the onion in a small skillet with a couple of turns of Canola or Vegetable oil in a medium high skillet until opaque, adding 1/2 C Burgundy wine cook until reduced by 1/2 then add 2T butter and take off the heat. Mix the mushroom sauce, Worcestershire, mustard, eggs and whisk until incorporated. Add the herbs, salt and pepper to the meat as well as the bread crumbs and tomato paste and mix the meat(s) just until incorporated…do NOT overmix! Add the onion/wine reduction sauce and gently distribute through the mix and remove from the bowl and form in a standard 8X4 meatloaf pan. Bake at 425ºF for 20 minutes, uncovered. Cover with tinfoil and reduce oven to 300ºF for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and keep covered until ready to serve (about 15min).

Didn’t see sage in B-man’s post and you stated, " wrong wrong wrong…tell me there isn’t Sage in their meatloaf!" Yet, you added sage in your recipe??

Also seems to be much liquid in your post for 1.5 # meat. Saw the tomato paste.

Stale bread from the table service. That would be a violation of health code.
Just paying attention.

I stand corrected, DRY freekin bread…the recipes query originated as “Cheesecake Factory’s Mile-high Meatloaf” I’m stating their meatloaf has SAGE IN IT…this is a forum to DUPLICATE the original.

Seems like? Why not try it…that is the point isn’t it?

Stale bread from the table service. That would be a violation of health code.
Just paying attention.[/QUOTE]

Violation of what health code? “I’m sorry, we’re gonna have to write you for using dry bread in your recipes…” Yes, TABLE SERVICE breads NOT USED

I totally agree with your assessment. I went to several sights and saw the same recipe posted. I said to myself; “am I the only one noticing that the sage is missing here?” I’m glad to see another palate out there that I can agree with. I also concur with the thyme but sense that Cheese Cake Factory adds a little onion, carrot and celery (mirepoix) to the mix. The “other” recipe we both disagree with probably adds cottage cheese to try and replicate the soft texture but that can be achieved by avoiding to overmix. Your recipe looks really good, I’d like to try it!