Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Rice

Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Rice

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
2 cups instant rice, uncooked
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) prepared cheese product, cut up (like Velvetta)
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed

Spray large skillet with no stick cooking spray. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 mins or until no longer pink. Stir in broth. Bring to boil.
Add rice, prepared cheese product and broccoli; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 10 mins. Stir until prepared cheese product is melted.

Thanks! I have a couple of chicken breasts thawing in my refrigerator at this very moment, and I was just thinking about what to do with them!

You’re welcome. Now if I could figure out what I’m going to fix tonight!

jackie

Well I seldom have chicken on hand because I am a vegetarian, but tonight I am cooking for a carnivore so I picked up some chicken breast. So your post came at just the right time!

Actually it isn’t a derogatory term at all…the word carnivore comes from two Latin words, carne meaning ‘flesh’ and vorare meaning 'to devour." The word “carnivore” is commonly used on vegetarian recipe forums and message boards, and some restaurant menus, along with “herbivore” to note whether a recipe or menu item is suitable for vegetarians or meat-eaters.

No offense intended…obviously I would not be going to the special effort of cooking a meat dish for my meat consuming friends unless I was fond of them.

I think word derivation is interesting…just thought I would mention, as I never thought of the word as offensive, and no one has ever told me that is was, and didn’t see anything in the derivation that made it a slur, or offensive, or derogatory… Now that it has been pointed out to me that some can take offense by it, I will be sure not to use it on this forum.