Chicken A La King

Made this last night and it was marvelous! The recipe was posted by aggiejac. I seasoned two good size chicken breasts with salt, pepper, basil and rosemary. After browning both sides, I added about a cup of water and a hefty teaspoon of chicken base…covered the breast, reduced the heat and let them steam for about 20 mins or so.

It’s a great recipe. Can also be used as a pot pie by adding some carrots, peas, etc. Just pour into a Marie Callendar deep dish frozen pie crust (double), and bake according to the directions on the label. Make sure that you brown the bottom crust according to the directions before adding the mixture. Anyway, however you choose to eat this dish…it is very, very good. Thanks Aggiejac!

Chicken a la King over Biscuits

comfort food tonight…it is cold and rainy here!

1 tsp butter
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/3 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken stock
3 Tbsp dry sherry
2 Tbsp cream cheese (I use more)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup bottled roasted red peppers
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Melt butter in skillet; add mushrooms and saute 3 min. Add green pepper and onions; saute. Stir flour into mixture and cook 1 min, stirring occasionally.

Combine milk, chicken stock,and sherry. Gradually add mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over med heat; cook until thick stirring constantly. Add cream cheese.

Stir in chicken, red peppers, salt and nutmeg, cook 1 min. Remove from heat.
Spoon on top of hot biscuits (or toast).

Paula - I am glad you enjoyed it…it is one of my favorites this time of year!

aggiejac