Chicken Breast with Lemon and Tomatoes

I saw Edgar’s post about that blog, and I tried this recipe from it. I saw the cookies that Edgar was talking about over in the personal favorite, but to be honest those looked a little hard to make. So I tried this instead, it looked pretty easy and came out nice.

[i]2 chicken breasts
1 tsp Signature Spice Mix
1 tsp Living the Gourmet Dry Herb Rub
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup parsley
1 cup basil
6 cloves garlic
4 slices of lemon
juice of ¼ lemon
½ grape tomatoes

In small dish, combine Signature Spice Mix and Living the Gourmet Dry Herb Rub. Rub both sides of the chicken breasts with this mixture.

Heat large frying pan and place 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place chicken in the pan and let it get golden on one side. Then flip and let the other side get golden. (About fifteen minutes on each side.)
Take chicken out of pan and place in dish.

Place lemon wedges, parsley, 3 cloves chopped garlic and basil in the frying pan that the chicken was just in. Place chicken back in pan on top of this mixture for about five minute.

Take cooked chicken out and place in dish. (Discard lemon wedges or you may use them as a garnish.)

In caramelized pan place 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 cloves garlic, a handful of basil and the juice of ¼ lemon. Stir around pan for a few minutes and then top over the chicken breasts.

Enjoy![/i]

Hi Thora, nice recipe! What would you suggest to go with this? Maybe plain boiled rice or some new potatoes perhaps?