Chili Mac Skillet

Hi,

I played with this for about 2 months before I got the way we like and so does any one who eats it, they always want more.

1 lb. ground round

1 cup chopped sweet onion

1/2 chopped green pepper

4 garlic cloves minced

1 cup V-8 juice

1 can (8 ounces) kidney beans, undrained

4 teaspoons chili powder

2 teaspoon cumin powder

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni

1 cup fresh corn cut off the cob or frozen

1/2 cup sliced ripe olives

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese

In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic until meat is brown and veggies are tender. Drain fat. Add v-8 juice, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, salt and macaroni, cover and simmer about 25 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Stir in olives and corn, cover and cook 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with cheese cover nd cook until cheese melts about 5 minutes

Wow Southern Belle 2067! We appreciate you sharing all of these wonderful recipes you’ve which tried and perfected.

Thanks Ron, I am trying to build up my recipe collection after having so many stolen from me. It is hard to lose a lot of hard work and a lot of memories in those recipes. I now make 3 backups on disc’s got two sets in my bank vault the other here at home in a safe.

I love to cook and bake and get recipes and perfect them to my liking it is a lot of fun doing that. I have two computers one is just for recipes and am working on two cookbooks to try and publish.

By the way what is Trackbacks, never heard of that one.

Thanks again

It’s sort of a technical term used by web geeks. This explains it in detail:

http://www.www.recipesecrets.net/forums/misc.php?do=linkbacks#trackbacks

Hello Southern Belle! I would love to buy some of the cookbooks you have published. Can you please tell me where I may obtain them? Thanks!

Janice
JanT1053@aol.com