Chinese Cabbage Salad

[b]My daughter gave me this recipe and said it was out of this world. I made it last week and she was right. I couldn’t get enough of it! I’d heard about this salad for years but had never tried it. I know there are probably many versions of this:

Chinese Cabbage Salad

1 stick butter, melted
2 packages Ramen noodles (chicken flavor), broken into small pieces
2 Tbl. sesame seeds
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1 large or 2 small heads Napa cabbage, finely shredded
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
1 carrot, shredded
12 oz. box chicken tenders or popcorn chicken, baked, cut into small pieces and cooled

Dressing:
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbl. soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar

Combine dressing ingredients first to make sure all sugar is dissolved before adding to salad.

Saute noodles (including seasoning packets), sesame seeds and almonds in butter until lightly browned. Cool.

Combine cabbage, onions and carrot in large bowl. Add cooled noodle mixture and cooled chicken pieces. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

Note: Don’t mix the dressing with the salad until you’re ready to eat it, as it will wilt on standing. If transporting it, pack the dressing separately.

This sweet/sour dressing would be good on other salads as well, especially a spinach/strawberry/pecan salad.

This recipe makes a huge salad so you may want to cut it in half. It will keep in a plastic bag if you want to save some but the noodles loose some of their crunchiness.[/b]