14 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon table salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

and I wanted to make them chocolate/chocolate (not the normal “tan” color–you know what I mean) by using cocoa powder but I have no idea how much to put in or how much flour (if any) to take out etc.

I don’t want any other recipes, I just want the chocolate/chocolate variance on this one because this recipe is pretty darn close to perfection! So if anyone can take a look at the ingredients and let me know what I need to do I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I kept everything the same except I added 1/2 cup cocoa powder. I’ll let you know how they turn out!

THanks!

Ok----not bad, but I cooked them a tad bit too long. I wonder if the cocoa powder speeds up the cooking process any.

Thanks for the tips, Kitchen Witch–good to know about the baking powder tip. It was tub of 100% Cocoa from Nestle. Next time I’ll try it with your suggestions.

Anyway, I made them again the “normal” way without the cocoa and they came out really good. Except I think I would like them just a little bit chewier. Don’t get me wrong, they are far from cake-like, and they do have chewiness to them, but I want them just a little bit chewier.

I forgot to mention in the recipe (no cocoa) that I subbed 1/4 c of light brown sugar for the same amount of the dark brown sugar. They came out good, but besides wanting them a little chewier, I also noticed they tasted somewhat “gritty”; almost like the consistency of the store-bought soft batch ones (bad comparison, these were 10x better, but I don’t know how else to explain it right now!).

I really love the overall taste of these, and with the two minor tweaks, I think they would be perfect.

Can you give me any tips to make them a little bit chewier and tad less like the soft batch?

Thanks!!

Never mind…I found the other website that goes in depth of what to do if your cookies don’t come out the way you want. I can’t list the name directly but in case of Baking emergency, type in 911

hi here is Recipe of Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients

* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup cocoa powder
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.