[b]This is kinda a new thing I’ve been studying about. Seems coconut oil full of saturated fats isn’t the demon we once feared it was.
If your body has enough calories and fat for that day, any butter consumed becomes ‘stored’ fat. Yet with coconut oil, some how only 40% becomes stored fat, and the other 60% goes into revving up your metabolism. Trust me, this is a shock to most nutritionists.
Crap ! I had a ton of info from a “Doc. Oz” site, but they don’t allow copy & paste.
So anyways, if you can add coconut oil to your diet, its a plus.
STILL>>>it sucks to fry with. Or even to use in mashed potatoes. Seem the smell of coconut is ever present. Like if ya’ use corn oil, it does make everything taste like corn, but if ya’ use coconut oil, it makes everything smell like coconut. ~did ya’ note I said ‘SMELL’, coz it doesn’t really impart that taste, but just try and tell your nose that.
So anyone here using coconut oil. I imagine it would be great for tropical flavored dishes, but using it to replace butter or plain oil for cooking eggs (and tons of other things), just makes ya’ think there’s coconut in the eggs, mostly coz of the aroma.
I wanna use coconut oil more often, but has anyone found a way to get beyond the aroma?
and next I’m off to find an info repost about about coconut oil~damn you Doc Oz (cept a lot of products have been copping his name, so I don’t blame him)[/b]