Coleslaw with Raisins
1 (10 oz) bag coleslaw mix, of your choice
1/3 cup pine nuts, or roasted sunflower seeds
1/3 cup seedless raisins (or dried cranberries)
1/3-1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
3/4 cup mayonnaise - not Miracle Whip
1 tbsp malt vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Open the bag of coleslaw cabbage into a large mixing bowl.
- Add raisins, onions and nuts. Combine gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until very well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and gently combine until evenly blended.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2-hours or overnight.