Cooked turkey and it's too sweet

We smoked a turkey for Easter and not sure if it was the onion we put in the middle or the seasonings that I used. Now the meat is too sweet for our taste. Trying to find out what I can do to get rid of some of the sweetness … hope someone can come up with some ideas ---- thanks … new to this site but will probably be here quite a bit. :slight_smile:

Generally, the four senses on the palate work opposite each other.

So, if your turkey is too sweet, I’d suggest making a turkey salad with an acidic ingredient like white vinegar or citrus juices. This will mask the sweet taste on your tongue.

Or, perhaps a hot and sour soup with shredded turkey would accomplish the same thing.

I’m guessing that you were told to brine the turkey before you smoked it and the brine had too much molasses or brown sugar.

Sour works opposite sweet in your mouth and brain.

Chef Todd.

Sorry — no sugar used ---- but did just find out what probably caused the sweetness in the meat … I had some chicken broth left over from something else that I made and my husband poured it over the turkey and it got into the cavity !!! Just looked and there is 1g of sugar per serving…
Mystery solved…now need to find out how to get rid of the sweetness in the meat …