5 boneless & skinless
Emeril’s Chicken seasoning, garlic salt, Greek seasoning
1 cup plain flour
1 cup pancake mix
2 bell peppers, coarsely chopped
2 medium onions chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped ( I use more)
1/2 stick low fat margarine
2 16oz. cans diced tomatoes ( with basil & garlic is o.k. )
2 cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon Jamison chicken seasoning
2 Tablespoons curry powder
3/4 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 white pepper
1 box currants
1 pound long grain rice
3 2 1/2oz packages of sliced almonds

Cut chicken in strips ( or you can by them already cut into strips) and marinate them in seasoning. Put in a zip loc bag and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

SAUCE: In a large stockpot sauté bell pepper, onions and garlic in margarine until tender. Add tomatoes and other seasonings. Stirring occasionally for at least an hour. Add currants and cook for 30 to 45 minutes longer.

Heat deep, heavy pot with peanut oil to 370 degrees or 375, oil needs to be at least 4 inches deep. Dust chicken well in mixture of flour and pancake mix; fry quickly. Cut in bite size pieces, add to sauce and heat throughly 30 to 45 minutes. Serve over rice and sprinkle almonds over top.

RICE; Use 3 or 4 quart boiler. Fill 2/3 full of water. Add 1 Tablespoon of salt and 1 Tablespoon chicken seasoning and 1 Tablespoon peanut oil. Bring to rolling boil. Add 1 pound of rice. Stir and cook on medium heat 17 minutes. Pour in a colander and run hot water over it. It is always fluffy.

I had this for my Hubby’s birthday last year we invites about 8 people and it was enough plus we had a big layered salad and iced sweetened tea to drink. By the way there wasn’t one grain of rice left, everyone wanted this recipe it was my sisters.