- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- For the Sauce:
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
In order to make creamy herb chicken first in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; turning once, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
Next remove chicken and place on place; cover with foil to keep warm.
Now for the sauce, add onion to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
Then add broth, parsley, and chives to skillet; cook, stirring, until broth is reduced slightly, about 3 minutes.
Next return chicken to skillet and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spatula, place chicken on individual serving plates.
Finally reduce heat to low. Whisk yogurt into skillet; cook, whisking constantly until sauce is heated through, about 30 seconds. Spoon yogurt sauce over chicken.