Creamy Sausage and Potato Soup - from fusionrecipe.com - Amazing recipes, great food, cooking tips. Asian, Malaysian, Thai, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Greek, American foods.
1 cup potatoes
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic
1 cup chorizo sausage ( or hot italian sausage or any spicy sausage)
1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup peas (frozen ok)
2 ribs celery
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- If raw, bake sausage in oven at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until almost fully cooked. Save sausage drippings for soup.
- Dice all vegetables and sausage.
- Fry onion, garlic in oil until slightly browned
- Add potato and fry until a little starchy
- Add sausage and stir until slightly browned
- Add diced carrots, celery, zucchini, peas, thyme and oregano.
- Add sausage drippings to soup.
- Add chicken broth and milk and let boil once.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 1 hr if possible for best flavor.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwich or crackers.
Looking for an easier version? For crockpot version, go to fusionrecipe.com - Amazing recipes, great food, cooking tips. Asian, Malaysian, Thai, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Greek, American foods. under Quick Meals.