It’s Turkey time once again, and if like me, you’re tired the same old stuffing, try this one…
- 4 cups cubed corn bread
- 2 cups cubed crustless day-old
- whole wheat bread
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup chopped smoked kielbasa
- 1/2 cup finely diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning*
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 pound) turkey
In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; add enough chicken broth to moisten.
Just before baking, stuff the turkey. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees for the turkey and 165 degrees for the stuffing. When the turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tend of aluminum foil and taste if needed.
Remove all stuffing.