Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers

This is the BEST Sausage and Peppers you will ever have! Have to thank my friend Suzanne for this!

2 Lg. Cans Crushed Tomatoes
2 Sm cans of Tomato Paste
(Combine these and separate in half)

2 Lbs. Italian Sausage- Hot or Sweet- no fennel
2 Lg. Yellow Onions- Sliced
2 Lg. Green Peppers- sliced
1 Lg. Red Pepper- sliced
(Combine the onions and peppers)

2 Cloves Garlic- minced
1 tbsp. Oregano
1 tbsp. Basil
Salt/Pepper to taste

In a skillet, brown the sausages. Set aside. In 6 1/2 quart Crock Pot- put a layer of onions and peppers. Then put a layer of sausage. Then another layer of onions and peppers. Pour 1/2 of the tomato sauce over layered mixture. Put remaining sausage for another layer and put remaining onions and peppers for last layer. Put garlic, Oregano, and basil over layered mixture. Pour remaining tomato mixture over layered mixture. The Crock Pot will be FULL! Cover and cook on high for 6 1/2 hours. Stir 1 hour before done. let stand for 30 min. before serving. Serve over Ciabatta bread. :slight_smile:

I’m all over this one.

Sounds great, can’t wait to try it!

I wonder where you could find Italian sausage with no fennel! I absolutely HATE FENNEL! But any time I get Italian sausage, it has that fennel taste which IMHO, tastes like moth balls smell! GAG! Is there a brand that anyone may know of?

OH well the reason I asked about the Itatian sausage without fennel is because the recipe actually says “Italian sausage-no fennel” so I was hoping there was some out there that had no fennel. I just can’t handle that fennel taste. I guess lots and lots of people really must like it. I’ll just use some Polish kielbasa (sp?) instead.

Looks awesome. I am going to make this , halving the recipe. I will try in on pasta, with grilled bread on the side. Can’t wait to dive into a platter of this. What’s not to like!

I put so much garlic, peppers and onions I don’t really taste the fennel.