Cusina e Butega’s Italian Flourless Chocolate Cake

Today’s Secret Recipe comes from Cusina e Butega in Italy. This combination bakery and restaurant is the creation of Eleonora Masiero and Ennio Occhiali. They serve a delicious chocolate cake with an almost creamy interior and a thin, crisp crust.

Enjoy

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I was losing my memory, focus – and my mind!
And then… I got it all back again.

Discover How: Here
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
New Secret Recipe
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Cusina e Butega’s Italian Flourless Chocolate Cake
Like this recipe? Get all our 5 Star Restaurant Secret Recipes – Go Here

225x175

• 7 tablespoons/100 grams unsalted butter softened, plus more for pan
  • ½ cup/60 grams confectioners’ sugar, sifted, plus more for dusting
  • 4 ounces/113 grams 70 percent “top quality” dark chocolate
  • 2 extra-large eggs, separated
  • 2 tablespoons/20 grams potato starch
  • 3 ½ tablespoons/40 grams superfine sugar
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch cake pan. Line bottom with parchment.

2. In a large bowl, using a mixer or by hand, beat the 7 tablespoons butter with the confectioners’ sugar until smooth and creamy. Melt chocolate in a pan on top of stove. Pour warm chocolate over the butter and sugar mixture and beat until smooth. Whisk in egg yolks one at a time. Stir in potato starch.

3. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in superfine sugar and continue beating until firm peaks develop. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.

4. Scrape the batter out of the bowl, and spread it in the pan. Bake for 18 minutes. Cake will rise and top will look dry and a little crackly. Remove pan from oven, place on a rack and allow to cool completely, about 2 hours. Cake will sink a bit.

5. Unmold cake, peel off parchment, then invert onto a serving dish so the crackly surface is on top. Generously sift confectioners’ sugar over the top, then serve.

Serves 4-6

Have a comment or question about this recipe? Post it here.

Source: NY Times

Until Next Time… Be Well!

Kind Regards,
RSN