"Delicious" Websites I Found

I searched yesterday for a long period of time for some new chocolate cake recipes. I found the Hershey’s site and another one that had absolutely divine recipes.

Don’t overlook Fun4Kids when you visit the Hershey’s site. It has good recipes also. The chocolate cakes are too numberous to bake them all. I have to choose one. I am going to get my friend to make it when she comes for Christmas. Heck! I may send her the recipe for her to make it before she comes!

HERSHEY’S Kitchens: A sweet collection of chocolate and dessert recipes for baking

The other one I found was recipes | that’s my home recipes | recipes, food and cooking | thousands of free recipes | soup recipes | dessert recipes | bread recipes | crockpot recipes | beef recipes | cookie recipes | cheesecake recipes | cake recipes | chocolate recipes | hea

It has The Chocolate Inn on it with lots of delicous recipes.
chocolate recipes collection | chocolate recipes | chocolate cake recipes | chocolate pie recipes | chocolate cookie recipes | brownie recipes

I found this one I want to try.

Chocolate Cake with Peppermint Frosting

Cake:
1 (18 1/4-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 (14-ounce) package miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties

Chocolate Frosting
1/2 cup margarine
1/3 cup of milk
1 (16-ounce) package confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 13" x 9" inch baking pan.

For cake, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Bake for 35 minutes or until done.

Top cake with peppermint patties. Bake for 2 minutes.

Spread melted candy over cake being careful not to drool.

For frosting, combine margarine and milk in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.

Combine confectioners’ sugar and cocoa. Add margarine mixture and vanilla. Stir until smooth.

Spread frosting over cake and cut into squares.

AND this one:

Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cake

1 stick sweet butter, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs, separated
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped maraschino cherries (reserve juice for frosting)

Chocolate cherry frosting

1 stick sweet butter
3 Tbsp. cocoa
6 Tbsp. cherry juice
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 16-oz box confectioner’s sugar

Preheat oven at 350º. Grease and lightly flour 9x13 inch baking pan.

In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir to mix. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Stir in walnuts and cherries.

Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter. Pour into pan.

Bake for 45 minutes.

While cake is baking, make frosting. Combine butter, cocoa and cherry juice in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter melts and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in van extract. Add confectioner’s sugar. BEAT UNTIL SMOOTH.

Pour immediately over warm cake and smooth with spatula.

Note: Cool completely before slicing. If not the cake will fall apart.

We must let each other know if these are good or not.

Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind;
Teach us to be patient and always to be kind. - Helen Steiner Rice

Ladybug in TN

Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind;
Teach us to be patient and always to be kind. - Helen Steiner Rice