does anybody knows a chicken and artichoke dish?

my husband likes these two combined so i want to try to make some at home! Thanks

HI chiquita79

GO TO THE INGREDIENT FORUM. ARTICHOKES HAPPEN TO BE THE INGREDIENT OF THE WEEK, THERE ARE SOME RECIPES FOR CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKES THERE

HAPPY COOKING

Artichokes & Chicken Dijon

Ingredients:

1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
2 (4-5 oz each) boneless chicken breasts
salt & pepper
2 tsp olive oil
½ cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard

Drain artichoke hearts well; cut into fourths, and set aside. Lightly salt & pepper the chicken. Brown chicken in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 1 minute per side. Combine wine and mustard; pour over chicken. Add artichokes; cook, covered over medium heat 10 – 12 minutes.

B-man :smiley:

BAKED ARTICHOKE PASTRY

I realise this doesn’t contain chicken, but I think you might easily add chicken to the pastry. Give it a whirl!

1 can refrigerated biscuits
1 can artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded, (see note)
1 green onion, chopped
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. oregano

Preheat oven as directed on biscuit tube. Combine all ingredients in bowl. Separate biscuits with fingers to make a pocket and stuff with mixture. Bake for 10 minutes and serve.

NOTE: - We combine half and half muenster and mozzarella cheese, grated, for this recipe. Additionally, instead of baking them flat on a cookie sheet, I stand them on edge in muffin pans so that they fan out a bit as they bake. They bound to be a huge hit.

Artichoke recipe & tips

BOIL: Stand prepared artichoke in deep saucepan w/3 in. boiling water.
Cover, boil gently 25-40 min. Stand upside down on rack to drain.

STEAM: Place on rack above inch boiling water. Cover & steam 25-45 min.

MICROWAVE: Set 1 med. artichoke upside down in small glass bowl
w/1/4 c. water & 1/2 t. each lemon juice & oil. Cover w/plastic wrap.
Cook high 6-7 min. Let stand covered 5 min. after cooking.

Stuffed Artichokes

Ingredients:

6 med. artichokes, center leaves & chokes removed
3/4 c. pine nuts
3/4 c. raisins
1 c. + 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
18 green onions, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste

Snap off lower tough leaves. Cut off top half of each outer leaf w/scissors. Turn on side. Slice off upper third of globe, then cut off stem. Use thumbs to spread apart center leaves. Remove these leaves to expose choke.
Remove choke w/spoon or sharp knife.

Mix other ingredients in bowl. Place stuffing in center of each artichoke. Pour 2 c. water inpot. Place artichokes, bottoms down, in pot. Cover & cook over med. heat for 30 min. Serves 6.

Chicken and Artichoke Salad

Serves: 6 person(s)
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 0 mins

A delicious summer salad of chicken, artichoke and dried tomatoes.

Ingredients:

28 oz chicken breast, lean, baked
5 1/4 oz mushrooms, sliced
3 1/2 oz sun-dried tomatoes (natural)
1 bunch rocket leaves
1/4 cup french dressing
13 1/2 oz canned artichokes in brine, drained
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (.5 oz)
1 medium red onion (4 oz), cut into thin rings

Precook the chicken by either baking or broiling, using no added fats. Cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.

Place the artichokes and french dressing in a large bowl; add the onion, mushrooms, tomato and basil. Add chicken pieces and toss salad.

To serve, arrange rocket leaves on each plate; pile on chicken salad.

Chicken-Artichoke-Mushroom Sautee

Ingredients:

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into wide strips
4 TBSP butter
8-10 large sliced mushrooms (don’t be afraid to use a whole package if you like mushrooms, they really cook down)
1 15 oz. can artichoke hearts, well drained, make them bite size (this recipe is best with the non marinated artichokes)
3/4 - 1 cup chicken broth or stock
1/2 cup white wine
juice of 1/2 lemon - or to taste
salt and pepper to taste
flour for dredging

Dredge chicken strips and shake to remove excess flour. Sauté chicken in butter until golden brown and cooked. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet add mushrooms and sauté 1-2 minutes, stir in artichokes, broth/stock/wine/lemon juice, slat and pepper. Scrape bottom of skillet and let it simmer until slightly reduced stirring occasionally. Return chicken to pan to warm.
Serve over rice.

ARTICHOKE CHICKEN

Ingredients:

14-1/2 oz can of artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mayo
dash of garlic powder
4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts (cut into strips if prefer)

In a bowl, combine the artichokes, cheese, mayo and garlic powder. Place the chicken in a greased 11x7x2 baking dish. Spread the artichoke mixture over and bake uncovered at 375º for 35 or 40 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear and top is slightly browned.

ARTICHOKE AND MUSHROOM CHICKEN

Ingredients:

1/2 cup bread crumbs
salt & pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 T olive oil
14-1/2 oz can chicken broth
10 oz can white mushrooms, drained
14-1/2 oz can artichokes, drained and quartered
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
16 oz pkg pasta shells or spaghetti

Mix bread crumbs, salt & pepper in a plastic bag. Shake chicken pieces in the bag until coated with crumbs. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Saute chicken until brown, turning at least once or twice, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and pour broth into pan. Stir with a wooden spoon until browned bits come loose. Place chicken breasts in a 9x12 casserole dish. Add mushrooms and artichokes. Pour broth over chicken. It will become gravy while baking. Bake at 350º for 45 minutes, uncovered. Five minutes before removing from oven, sprinkle with parmesan. A half hour before serving, bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.

Mushroom and Artichoke Bruschetta

Chicken can easily be incorporated into this recipe.

Ingredients:

1 loaf of good, hearty flatbread or a crusty loaf cut into 16 one-half inch thick slices
8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
8 oz shitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (no stems)
1/2 tsp Italian dried herbs
2 Tbl butter
1/3 cup olive oil (or more)
1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed (about 3/4 cup)
8 slices baby Swiss cheese

My loaf of artisanal bread was 1 inch thick and then 6 inches wide and by 12 inches long. When I sliced it and turned the slices on their sides, I had sort of cigar shaped slices that looked a bit like biscotti. Long, narrow slices. You can use whatever kind of bread you like. I just wanted to tell you what I was working with so you could visualize the size of mine and keep that in mind for proportions.

Take a pastry brush and coat one side of your bread slices with olive oil. This is one time when you are not going to skimp. Olive oil has some good health qualities, so go for it. Brush on a good layer and prepare to broil that one side of the bread by placing the slices on a cookie sheet, oil side up. Broil them just until the edges are slightly browned. Set aside.

Heat the butter and a few more teaspoons of oil in a saute pan and put in your mushrooms and the Italian herbs. Saute the mushrooms on Medium heat until they are browned on the edges. They should have given off much of their liquid. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes. They will shrink down to about 3 cups.

After you have drained your artichokes, put them in a food processor and chop them finely. If you don’t have a processor, just put them on a cutting board and cut them up finely with a knife. You want to cut them finely so you don’t have chunks. Dice them.

This can all be done a few hours ahead if you keep all ingredients covered and then begin to assemble later.

Take your bread pieces and spread a thin layer of artichokes on them. This doesn’t take a lot. Artichokes go a long way in adding flavor. Then spread the mushrooms over the artichokes. They will also just cover the artichokes in a thin layer across the bread slices. If you are using a smaller round bread, you might end up with the bonus of mounded mushrooms on your bread slices. That’s fine.

Heat the bruschetta at this point at 350 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes to make sure they are nice and warm. Take your cheese slices and cut them in half. Put one-half slice on each piece of bruschetta. Put the bruschetta back in the oven for 5 minutes more to melt the cheese. Don’t broil them. Baby Swiss cheese is so delicate, the broiler will disintegrate the cheese instead of just melt it. This is a kinder, gentler way to just lightly melt the cheese.

Now serve right way while the Swiss cheese is still warm.

Enjoy!

Shrimp and Dill Sauce in Artichoke Cups

Try substituting “shrimp size” pieces of chicken, instead of shrimp…or do both!

Ingredients:

4 large heavy artichokes
lemon wedges
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 ounces plain yogurt
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/8 teaspoon pepper
minced fresh dill (optional)

Preparation:

Wash artichokes. Cut off stem ends and trim about 1 inch from top of each artichoke and about a fourth of outer leaves. Rub top of artichoke and trimmed leaves with a lemon wedge. Wrap in wax paper and microwave until tender and an inner leaf releases when gently pulled upon (approximately 6 minutes rotating once during the process).

Place upside down on a rack to cool. Gently spread center leaves apart and remove the choke with a spoon and discard. Chill if desired.

Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add shrimp. Reduce heat and cook 3 minutes, drain well and rinse with cold water. Chill and set aside.

Combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well. Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt mixture into the center of each artichoke. Arrange shrimp around upper edge of each artichoke, hanging over. Garnish with additional dill.

Thanks you guys…

b-man these recipes sound really good i will try one of them this weekend and so on… Goodness where do you pull all your recipes from!!! i thought that i loved to cook… i wouldn’t like to be at your house b/c I’ll probably gain weight every day…lololol i really love your recipes!

Thanks!

You are more than welcome…anytime! Do let us know how you made out, and which one is the favorite of the group. As for being at my house…first, you’d be welcome, second you’d be well fed, and most important…we could play RAID THE REFIGERATOR! We might have to do battle with my kids though…they play that game VERY well. Regards,

B-man :wink:

Thanks! lolol

and i will sure let you guys know how it turned out… :lol:

Thanks for all the great recipes!!

ok b-man here is a chalange for you since you have all these recipes… =) do you happened to know of an artichoke and asiago cheese dip? here there is a retaurant called Rock Bottom and their dip is so good! i’ve tryed to make it by following the taste but it didn’t work out. =(

Thanks!

Try this one - it’s really good!

Spinach-Artichoke Dip
14 oz can artichoke hearts in water
10 oz package chopped spinach
16 oz Sour Cream
3 oz Reggiano-Parmigiano, grated
6 oz Asiago cheese, grated

Drain artichokes and chop. Thaw spinach, squeeze to drain well and chop. Combine sour cream and 2 oz of Reggiano-Parmigiano cheese in a 2qt casserole dish. Mix in spinach and artichokes. Cover top with shredded Asiago and remaining Parmigiano. Can be covered and transferred to a friends house at this point.

Bake until hot (about 15 minutes) at 400 degrees and then broil until cheese is golden brown. Serve with crusty breads, crustini, veggies and pickled veggies. Serves about 12.

Hi Chiquita79 here are a couple of dips that might meet your criteria. BetK

Asiago Artichoke Dip

1-1/4 cups grated Asiago cheese
1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
1-1/4 (6.5 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1-1/4 cloves garlic, minced

DIRECTIONS:
In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together the Asiago cheese, mayonnaise, artichoke hears and garlic. Heat in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between heatings until cheese has melted and dip has a smooth consistency. Serve warm.

BetK :wink:

Artichoke Dip

This dip has a great flavor and is made lower in fat by using reduced calorie mayonnaise and Asiago cheese, which is lower in fat than the original recipe, which used Parmesan cheese. Jarred unmarinated artichoke hearts or even fresh artichoke hearts can be used instead of the frozen artichoke hearts if desired. You can also add 1 box frozen spinach that has been thawed and squeezed dry for a marvelous spinach-artichoke dip.

2 boxes frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and drained
2 cups mayonnaise
1 bunch thinly sliced scallions
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
2 cups grated Asiago cheese

Coarsley chop the artichoke hearts and place in a medium ovenproof serving dish. Add the mayonnaise, scallions, grated cheese, and spices. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and serve with sturdy crackers or bread rounds. Tortilla chips also go well with this dish.

Makes 6 servings.

BetK :wink:

Hi chiquita79…

Sorry for the delay. I actually didn’t see your question till this a.m. Hope these help.

Rock Bottom Brewery Asiago Cheese Dip

You’ll need to modify, by incorporating artichokes into the ingredient list.

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in hot water
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese, plus shredded Asiago cheese for garnish
1/4 cup green onions (cleaned, rinsed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces)
1/4 cup mushrooms (rinsed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces)

Squeeze all water out of tomatoes, then julienne cut into fine strips. It is important that all water be removed from tomatoes, and they must be added last, or dip will discolor.

Combine remaining ingredients, except tomatoes and cheese for garnish, in food processor. Blend well at low speed. Add tomatoes and slowly mix by hand for about 1 minute. When ready to serve, heat through in microwave oven. Remove from microwave and sprinkle with Asiago cheese. Put in broiler and heat until cheese browns.

Makes 3 cups.

I realise this isn’t Rock Bottom’s clone, but thought I’d include it. You can modify to incorporate artichoke into the recipe.

Asiago Cheese Dip

Ingredients:

1 cup chicken broth or water
4 ounces dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
4 (8-ounces) cartons dairy sour cream
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
1/2 of an 8-ounce package cream cheese, cup up
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup thinly sliced green onions
6 ounces shredded Asiago cheese (1 1/2 cups)
thinly sliced green onions
toasted baguette slices

In a medium saucepan bring the chicken broth or water to boiling. Remove from heat and add the dried tomatoes. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, discard the liquid, and chop the tomatoes (about 1 1/4 cups).

Meanwhile, in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, mushrooms, 1 cup green onions, and Asiago cheese. Stir in the chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Stir before serving and sprinkle with additional green onions. Keep warm on low-heat setting for 1 to 2 hours. Serve warm with toasted baguette slices.

Again, this doesn’t meet the request for Rock Bottom’s, but you can easily modify.

Walnut Brewery Asiago Cheese Dip

This a copycat recipe from the Walnut Brewery

Ingredients:

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
1 teaspoon shredded asiago cheese
1/4 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced

Yield: 3 cups

Reconstitute sun-dried tomatoes in hot water.
Clean, rinse and slice green onions and mushrooms.
Squeeze all the water out of the tomatoes, then julieene into fine strips.
Combine all ingredients except tomatoes, then add the sun-dried toimatoes.

Place into an oven-proof container.

Top with remaining 1 T. of Asiago cheese.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until bubbly.

Serve immediately

Let us know how you made out…and what modifications you made.

B-man :wink:

P.S. Betk’s posts look pretty good too!