Does anyone have a recipe for "Dill pickles"...

Hey all,
Our garden has soo many cucombers this year, so I was thinking I’d like to try canning some Dill Pickles.:slight_smile: Does anyone have a recipe they would like to share?
I am preferibly looking for “canning recipes” With vinegar.
Thanks a bunch!

There are 2 general processes for making pickles, the quick process and the long fermentation process.

The quick process pickles are made from vegetables salted down overnight and combined with vinegar and spices the next day with or without cooking.

The fermented pickles are put through a curing process lasting 2 weeks to 2 months. Dill pickles belong to this group. Scrub vegetables carefully in plenty of clear water. Soak for several hours or overnight in a salt solution using 1/8 to 1/4 cup salt to 1 quart water. Some vegetables are parboiled before they are placed in a pickling solution. The salt draws the water from the tissues of the vegetable and makes them crisp and firm and better prepared to absorb the pickling solution.

Pickles are packed in clean jars, filled to overflowing with specified liquid as decribed in each recipe and sealed. Store pickles and relishes in a cool, dry place AWAY from strong light.

Sweet Sliced Cucumber Pickles

3 quarts cucumbers, sliced
3 onions, chopped
2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup salt
1 quart vinegar
4 cups sugar
1 tsp whole cloves
1 tbsp white mustard seed
6 small sticks horseradish root

Mix vegetables with salt, let stand 3 hours and drain.

Mix vinegar, sugar and spices and boil 5 minutes.

Pack pickles in sterile hot jars with a stick of horseradish in the center of each and cover with boiling vinegar syrup. Seal.

Makes 3 quarts.

Hi Jolene,
Heres a link too this sight that thought you might enjoy http://www.www.recipesecrets.net/recipeBB/ingredient-forum-f13/pickle-recipes-viewtoph.1972-highlight-pickles.html?sid=5ffd9dcf15819b069fc1ff453298e3f9