Easter Leftovers

what do you do with your easter left overs to reinvent the same old thing. if you are anything like my family, there is always plenty to go around after

i always take the bones from the turkey and make an intense turkey soup. i cover the bones with water, add celery, onions and boil it till its dark and intense. then i remove the bones, add few drops of sesame oil, a dash of soy sauce and uncooked rice. let it simmer till the rice is cooked, and then enjoy. i use this base also to replace chicken and beef stocks in some of my recipes

We had a large baked ham this year. After the obvious ham sandwiches and ham salad, I make ham dumplings. My mother-in-law taught me this many years ago. The ham bone goes in a large pot along with celery, onions, spices to taste, (but no salt). Make your favorite dumplings and drop in boiling liquid. Cover and let cook for 10-15 minutes or until done. Have also used cut up flour tortillas when I’m in a hurry. They take a few minutes longer to cook but are quite tasty.

Any leftover potatoes get made into patties and fried.

Cranberries or cranberry sauce gets made into muffins.