- 1 large eggplant (2 pounds), peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
Cook eggplant in 2 inches simmering water in covered
medium saucepan until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain
well. Mash eggplant with fork; mix in breadcrumbs,
onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon oregano, basil, and thyme.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in eggs.
Spoon eggplant mixture into 11x7-inch baking dish.
Arrange tomatoes in rows over eggplant; sprinkle
with cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F.
until hot through, about 20 minutes.